Next time I complain about Ryan traveling so much for his job please remind me that there are definite perks! This past weekend Ryan was needed for an irrigation repair job at Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is typically out of his job range but he's so good at what he does that no one else could get it fixed. Anyway, he asked us if we wanted to come along so that the girls and I could hike and swim during the day while he worked, but at least he would be able to see us at night. What was even better was that because this was work, it was mostly paid for by the company!! On top of all that, I mean as if a weekend just to relax in a room that I don't feel the need to vacuum all the time with mountains and a pool nearby weren't enough, Ryan worked some magic and got the 5 star Resort he was doing the work at to comp us one of their rooms. I mean this place was so nice it was even beyond what his company would pay for! On top of that they didn't even give us one of their "regular" rooms, we got a King fireplace suite with a kitchenette and living room! Awesome!!!
I just love Lake Tahoe and it's one of the places I would move to without a second thought. In fact, every time I go up there I love it more and more. There isn't a season that I don't think Tahoe is great.
So even though we really didn't see Ryan all day. (apparently he's not lying when he says that these overnight work trips are not full of fun but work) the girls and I took a little hike and swam in the pool. This was the first time Avery's been swimming since her lessons last summer and I was sort of impressed. She doesn't actually swim and go anywhere with her kicks and strokes, but she does try and has no problem going underwater. Isabel was fairly adventurous, as long as it was her idea. Anytime I made her jump or kick or blow bubbles she resisted but when I just left her sitting on the step she would go a little further and do a little more. This is the story of my life with this child!
We found snow during the hike and that was kind of neat. This was the only snow Isabel saw this year!
Forgive the pictures of the room. Next time I should take the pictures when we get there and everything is clean, not as we are rushing out the door to leave!







1 comment:
That's AWESOME!!!!! How fun!!! I love Tahoe too! I will never forget my summer there. The weather is always perfect!
Avery looks SO grown up!!!!
Post a Comment