Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year there was a lot of excitement for Halloween in this house. All coming from Avery and all because of candy. If you asked Avery what her perfect day would be I think it would involve unlimited candy and unlimited TV.  The one thing she wasn't sure about was what to dress up as. It changed daily and I don't think she really understood the concept completely. That was too my favor as at least she wasn't asking for one of those $50 costumes at the store. We can wait a few more years on that. Right now the motto is "homemade all the way", at least until she can fight me more on it. Then I'll probably just tell Grandma and still not have to buy anything!
Once again we got a group shot with all our friends. This time we decided not to go to Picture People and all that chaos because really, why were we paying someone when we have a photographer in the group! We ended up putting a background up at my house and having everyone come over here. Imagine 17 kids, 5 mothers, rainy day, popcorn, cookies, pizza,  lots of laughs and you would know what the day was like. I did have to mop later that night but it was absolutely worth it and hopefully we can do something like that again next year.
Avery turned out to be a variation of Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street and Isabel was a dog.
On Halloween our church had our annual "Trunk or Treat" we spent most of the night there. Since I help organize that it's pretty hard to get away to go around the neighborhood. Hopefully next year when they are a bit older we can do that. I don't think they really cared as they still got a lot of candy. My rule was that they could pretty much eat all they wanted that night, (much easier that following them around pulling candy from their hands and dealing with fits) but the candy would go away on Monday. I am fully confident they took advantage of this with everything they had. Isabel usually had at least 2 pieces of candy in hand all night and every time I looked at Avery she was chewing something. They played a few games and played with a few friends so I think Halloween was a success!

 This is Simeon one of the children of the woman who watches the girls. She loves him.
 This is Isabel with Lani (in the back) and Linda, our children's director at church.
 Avery with her friend from Sunday School who was also Abby Cadabby.
 Doing the limbo.



 Isabel with Amaia, another little girl who goes to the same daycare.



No comments: