We've had a lot of activity over the past 2 weeks. The pictures will end (messed up the order!) with my dad and Ryan's mom's visit. We had a great time with them. Can't say that we did too much but it was so nice to have so much family around us. My parent's stayed at a hotel or my house would have been busting at the seams! It was fun though and Ryan got to enjoy 2 of his mom's favorite meals when she made us sloppy joe's (homemade, not the can stuff!) and her famous lasagna! It was nice that I was just able to sit back and let them do the work!
Our big adventure of the weekend was heading to Costco. We have officially become "mass consumers" as Marianne bought us a membership. Then my dad got us a deep freezer so that we have a place to put our "supersize" foods! All 7 of us went down there on Saturday (which for the record is the busiest day of the week) and I must say I was totally overwhelmed. I didn't know where to begin. Ryan and I are looking forward to our next trip where we will be better prepared. I'm sure we'll make a trip of it and time it around lunch so we can eat at the cafe. They do have some nice looking stuff and the fruit we bought that day was very good so it will be something we use often.
After they left we just had 1 more week with my mom. It was good she was here as I got a nasty case of mastitis and just needed to sleep.
Avery and my mom kept having fun together. The ice cream truck never passed by our house that my mom wasn't running down the street to catch it! One day at the park she had at least 5 kids following her and she bought them all ice cream.
To continue the ice cream theme I asked my mom if she wanted to go to the city to this organic, environmental ice cream shop in the Mission District. I knew she would just love it, they have funky flavors like salted caramel and honey lavender. Anyway we didn't get ourselves out of the house until 7:45 at night and we couldn't help think that we were a bit crazy to have a 2YrO and a 2 week old in the city at 8:30 at night eating ice cream! We had a great time and Avery was quite full of herself hopping and running down the sidewalk. We didn't get home until 10pm but it was worth it. We were sad when she had to leave the next day but it was good to get back to our "normal" routine. I was a little worried that Avery would be difficult after she left because she was quite spoiled by everyone but she has been very good so far.
Yesterday we went to Parnassus as Isabel had a Dr appt. We had lunch and visited with my co-workers. I just love showing off my wonderful children!
Isabel is getting bigger!
Weight 8lb 11oz
Height 21 1/4 in
The NP used the word PERFECT when looking at her! I didn't disagree!
Then last night I was spoiled as Beth's mom Barbara made me a very special dinner! It was a hot day yesterday and the poor woman stood over the hot stove to make me her smothered pork chops, homemade macaroni and cheese, cornbread and green beans! It was marvelous and I think I had 5 servings of each! They practically needed to roll me to the car!
Everything is going so well with us. I have 2 perfect girls and a wonderful husband and such a loving extended family. I am a very lucky woman!
How cute are they!
Not so happy about the pictures. Don't worry, she stopped in about 30 seconds!
It's a hot day here so Isabel can actually be in a cute, summer outfit!
The lizard Avery and I found on a walk. It wouldn't eat any of the bugs we gave it so we had to let it go before it died.
Isabel with a little smile 2 weeks 3 days
Sweet big sister
Talking to Grandma the day after she left. They have this game they play while Avery is eating food. I just don't do it right.
Elspeth and her husband Simon. She is in my vanpool and stopped by to see the girls.
Isabel 5 days old
The 2 favorite girls!
Caleb, Parker, Regan, Sydney-Kate and Avery at the park
1 comment:
Karoline would have been in the last picture if her mother was not so DANG LAZY!!
Post a Comment