Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh the many blessings in our life!

It has been such a long time since my last post, so much has happened that I'm afraid I won't get it all in! The biggest event the past month was our trip home after Thanksgiving. It was too expensive to consider going home for Christmas so we decided to leave the day after Thanksgiving and stay for over a week. Since we were getting on a plane first thing the next morning and wouldn't be able to have any leftovers anyway, Ryan just made lasagna for Thanksgiving dinner. Needless to say I don't have any pictures of that. Before you start feeling sorry for us and thinking that Avery deserved to have all the fixins', we knew that we would have a big meal at Ryan's dads since they get together the Sunday after Thanksgiving! (and boy they sure can cook, I've missed those big meals since we moved)
By coming home around the holiday we were still able to visit with most of the family. Avery was very excited to be able to play with her cousins Max and AJ. It was so cute to see the kids running around. They play so well together and it made me wish that we all lived a little closer. Admittedly there was a LOT of screaming and running but how can we complain when they were just so happy to be together. The cutest thing was when Max asked Avery if she wanted to go home with him. She said, yeah, sure! Mommy I'm going to go home with Max. It made me sad to tell her that just wasn't possible.
Anyway, on to the photos!






Another birthday party for Tatum. We weren't supposed to be around this weekend but due to several issues we didn't make it. I was happy to be able to go to Tatum's second party for friends and see some of my friends and their kids. It was so nice to see them if even for just a couple hours.





Chelle, Isaac and Isabel

Catching snow on her tongue.

On Dec 6th we went to Indianapolis' Christmas at the Zoo. It was fun to see all the light and get in the Christmas spirit. There was snow so it made the cold more bearable. Avery just didn't like it blowing in her face. I'm glad we did that there as having it be sunny and 50 degrees out here makes it hard to feel like Christmas the way we are used to.

Looking at the seahorses Avery said, "Mommy, daddy, grandma and babies"












My brother also came home the last weekend to meet Isabel. It was great to see him. He had fun playing hide and seek with Avery and she thought he was funny.

Unfortunately we all got sick the last weekend we were there Mom, Ryan and I got the stomach flu. We think that Isabel might have had it all week and gave it to us. This would explain why she was so cranky the first half of the trip. Of course I have to be careful who I say that too as Isabel's cranky is most kids happy. This picture was taken the day after my mom was sick. She was still weak and fell asleep in the chair.






Isabel got her first taste of cereal while we were there.




Can I tell you how cold it was in Indy. At least we had snow but it was sooooooo cold!

How cute is this little girl. She is such a happy girl. Not sure what I did but God sure did give me happy, wonderful daughters.

Mmmm, Pizza King! In a little flashback to our High School days Ali, Sara and I (and our spouses) made a trek to our little hole-in-a-wall PK on the southside. I'm sure the husbands weren't as thrilled seeing that PK doesn't serve beer and it was Monday Night Football BUT we sure enjoyed our pizza. Even more fun was that we introduced Tatum to the yummy stuff. Not sure how impressed she was but it was fun. Next year we'll bring my girls and Ali's daughter!


Ryan is very lucky that he has so many grandparents still alive. Grandma and Grandad were so happy to meet Isabel. Avery was being a bit shy that day so she wouldn't get in any pictures but Isabel had no problem.


The first thing Avery asked Roger was if she could ride a horse. We couldn't get out there this time but she did get to help feed.



Our attempt to get all the grandkids in 1 shot. I guess this is as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

Aunt Lou and Isabel

As you can see dinner was hectic. Imagine what the floor looked like after they were done!

Papaw and 2 of his 9 grandkids! This was one of the few times that they weren't running after each other.

Isabel's great-Grandma Phyllis getting some love from Isabel.

It was a lucky coincidence that while we were home my best friend's daughter Tatum celebrated her 1st birthday! Isn't she so cute. Avery had a great time playing with her (toys)!




Isabel was so good on the flight. In fact both kids did really well! I'm very proud of Avery because I know how hard it must be for a 2.5YO who has no concept of why we are stuck in these tiny seats and can't run around. Especially when it lasts for 4 hours!

Avery earns her keep...

1 comment:

Beth Goff said...

I LOVED all the pictures!!!! They are PRECIOUS! Isabel is getting so big! I am so glad you had a great trip and got to see so many of your loved ones. What a blessing. I miss yall SO much!
Love you!