Playing with some of the silly string Gran-daddy sent. I think he meant for her to play with it but I had fun at first!
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Field Trip!
Last Friday I was threatened with the possibility of jury duty! Now, I'm all for jury duty just not on my few days off when I would need to pay an extra $50 for a babysitter! Luckily my group wasn't called but we waited around until 11:30 to find out. As soon as we knew we were free we hit the road for a new "fun place", The Lindsey Wildlife Museum! It's a rehabilitation hospital for injured wildlife and they have some of the unreleasable animals on display for people to see. Since all of us love animals I thought it would be great, and it was. It is a very small place but they had a lot of birds on display, a cute little play room and outside a really nice park for picnicking. Since they are all wild animals clearly we aren't allowed to touch them so that was disappointing for Avery but we did get to see neat stuff. Here are some pictures from the day including some while we were waiting to leave. I got the membership pass which also gets us free admission to the Oakland Zoo so we'll be seeing lots of animals over the next year!
Playing with some of the silly string Gran-daddy sent. I think he meant for her to play with it but I had fun at first!






These birds just sat there and would occasionally make a little noise. Most of them have been there many years and have injured wings. They are really beautiful up close.





Playing with some of the silly string Gran-daddy sent. I think he meant for her to play with it but I had fun at first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment