Monday, July 11, 2011

Avery's birthday!

I can't believe my baby girl is 5! It has been the most amazing 5 years of my life and even though I'm biased I really think she is one of the most amazing 5 year olds out there. She amazes me with her compassion for people around her. The last time I felt sick she went in the kitchen, got me a glass of water and some cheese and crackers so I didn't have to get up from the couch. She is also so very smart. The things she remembers and figures out from little pieces of conversations we have. I'm also very proud the fact that she can go on one of our 2-4 mile hikes and do the whole thing on her own.  I knew becoming a mother would be wonderful but it's so much more fantastic than I thought.

 For her birthday I actually had a real birthday party with friends, crafts and games. From the beginning she said she wanted a pink poodle birthday cake and I managed to find a cute template in a magazine. Ryan cut it out and decorated and she was very happy. It really was so cute! I was quite proud!

Even more fun was that one of her first friends as a newborn drove up from LA. Val was Avery's first babysitter after she was born so her and Lilly spend the first 18 months of their life together. Val was also a really go friend to me so it was fun to hang out for the day. It's one of those friendships where you don't have to see each other regularly but still feel so comfortable with each other.

Overall it was a very fun day and I was so thankful to have so many friends come and celebrate with us. We've met some really wonderful people out here!
 Playing the hula hoop game
 Christa and Melissa
 Kelly and Christi
 Sydney-Kate


 Lilly
 Opening presents

 Ogling the big, new PetShop toy!

No comments: