Monday, July 11, 2011

Isabel's party

Now I know it's about a month before Isabel's birthday but we already had her party. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not that big into planning and hosting birthday parties. It's not the party part, it's coming up with a "theme", decorating, gift bags and such. I can't wait until she is old enough for a sleepover and then all I have to do is get some movies, pizza, soda and observe from a distance. Anyway, a couple of my friends out here love all that stuff and even one of the women has a child with a birthday 4 weeks from Isabel's. Since we have the same friends it made sense to have a joint party. We thought about something in the middle of the birthdays but there wasn't a free weekend so we picked this one.  It was great for me, she cleaned her house, decorated and I just showed up with some food. The theme was pinwheels and polka dots and I made a "pinwheel" cake and she decorated one with fondant polka dots. Our photographer friend took more pics of the decorations so I'll get those up later.
I think she had fun. It was a lot of kids running around and she got to open presents so it's pretty much a win. I was so excited for her present. All the grandparents and us pitched in for this really nice dollhouse. It's all wood and bigger than she is. She is great with pretend play and loves dolls so I knew this was something they could all enjoy. As you can see from the pictures everyone was interested in it.

 There were tons of boxes of furniture.



 Parker was very concerned that she put the furniture in the right spots.

 Gracie blowing out her candles
 Chloe has a birthday in between Grace and Isabel so we thought we'd sing to her too.

No comments: