Thursday, March 05, 2009

Dear Friends...

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

About 2 weeks ago I (with Isabel) traveled to Seattle to Ali's house to meet her daughter Taylor Michelle. Sara met us there and we had a good, old fashioned girl's weekend. Of course they are a little different then they were about 6 years ago but we have just as much fun and laugh just as hard as we used to. I can't tell you how many times I laughed until I cried this weekend. The sad thing is that there is NO WAY anyone else would think it was funny. Ali's wonderful husband was so good to put up with us. He even tagged along a few times and one night he offered to watch both Tatum and Isabel while we visited Snoqualmie falls and had some food and wine. I think both girls kept him on his toes but he did a great job!Ali has little 6 week Taylor, Sara has 15mo Tatum and I, of course, have the 2 girls. Our girl's circle keeps getting bigger! We can't wait until all the girls are a little older and we can take them on trips with us.
Ali, Sara and I have been best friends since we were 15 years old. I've actually known Ali since I was six but the 3 of us became close in High School and church youth group. Even though we went to 3 different colleges, made other friends and then moved to different states, our bond is still the same. These 2 women know me better than anyone and it has been so much fun for me to watch them become mothers. I know I drove Sara crazy while she was pregnant with Tatum, talking about how excited I was. I think Sara finally understood what I was feeling during Ali's pregnancy.
Anyway, we had a great time and I can't wait until we get together the next time.


Not the best picture of me but since Ali and Sara have the better shots on their cameras this will have to do. Sadly this is the only picture of the 5 of us together!

How cute are these girls. They both happened to have the same onesie so we thought it would be fun to get a picture.




So sweet.

My favorite thing about newborns. I just love how they fit right on your chest. Ali was so sad to hear that this stage doesn't last forever...


I really think they became best friends this weekend...

She is such a happy girl!

Sara was the only childless one that weekend so she was a big help! Clearly she has a way with children and Isabel loves her Aunt Sara...

Ali is a natural mother!

No comments: