Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Catching up!

I'm nearly a month behind in my posting. I've been super busy at work (going so far as to bring it home and work at night) and I've managed to get mastitis twice in 2 weeks! (I've got meds this time!) That is the most horrible thing in the world and the only thing you can do is curl up in bed, cry and wish your mommy was around to take care of you. Luckily I have a wonderful husband and he came right home from work both times, took over the kids and the house while I just slept!
There have been lots of big changes over the past week! Isabel got her first 2 teeth last Friday and she started to crawl last Sunday! Both are just getting more advanced every day. Between the teeth and a little cold she's had she's been a little more cranky, but in between the cranky parts she'll just give you these big smiles and then throw her arms around in glee so you just can't be upset when she decides to be sad.
The other thing she's doing now that just makes every moment better is to recognize me as someone "special". When I go to pick her up she gets so happy and if I don't come over immediately she'll start to cry. She's also almost reaching for me if she is with someone else and she will bury her head in my chest if someone wants to hold her and she doesn't want to go.



Avery's newest favorite toy. She even brings it in the house with her.


I know she isn't standing perfectly but she tries so hard to pull herself up and it really only takes a little help to get her up. I really think she'll be doing this on her own in a very short time.


Avery standing in front of one of our awesome garage sale finds. Kelly and I went one Sat. morning and found a ton of great stuff!


This is Isabel with her BFF Grace. Christi had Grace the month before I had Isabel so it's fun to watch them getting bigger. I love sharing pregnancy and childbirth with my friends!


Avery is now at the age where she is obsessed with the camera when I'm taking pictures or movies. If she doesn't want to watch it live then she wants to take the pictures. These 3 are just a few of the 15 she took recently.



So, some of you might not know but I now use cloth diapers for Isabel. Some people think I'm a little crazy but I really don't think it's any harder than a paper diaper! It's really my friend Christi that started me on this path and she's gone so far as to start making her own. She's given me a few but this is the only one I've had time to get a picture of. Isn't it cute? If you know anyone who wants cloth diapers contact me and I'll hook you up with Christi!


Silly girl


As you can see Isabel sort of pulls herself up to get in the toy container.

No comments: